Corporate objective of sustainability
Sustainability at Viasit means only drawing on the resources from the environment that can be naturally regenerated. We are getting closer to this goal every year, with every chair that we make.
With intelligent solutions throughout the value chain, starting from environmentally sound product design through to the recycling of chairs at the end of their useful life.
Level 1 complete!
Viasit achieved its certification according to the LEVEL standard of the Federation of the European Office Furniture Industry FEMB. LEVEL is an independent, comprehensive standard that takes a holistic approach to sustainability assessment. The assessment encompasses not only individual products and the behavior of the company but scrutinizes all aspects from products to manufacturing to the organisational framework conditions in the company and the complete supply chain.
We are EMAS certified!
EMAS stands for "Eco-Management and Audit Scheme" and was developed by the European Communities in 1993 as an instrument for companies seeking to improve their environmental performance. EMAS is the world's must demanding system for sustainable environmental management, and its requirements are far more extensive than those of the ISO 14001 standard.
EMAS is particularly performance-oriented and includes clearly defined environmental objectives, which we have committed to achieving. This includes, for example, reducing energy consumption and the use of packaging materials and certain resources. These objectives are described in detail in our environmental statement and are publicly available. We are audited regularly for compliance by an independent, state-approved environmental expert.
DIN EN ISO 14001
In 2006, our integrated management system (IMS) was first certified according to ISO 14001 and last recertified in 2015.
ISO 14001 is the worldwide accepted and applied standard for environmental management systems. The standard was published in 1996 by the International Organisation for Standardisation and last amended in 2015. The international standard sets out the requirements for an environmental management system with which organisations can enhance their environmental performance, meet legal and other obligations and achieve environmental objectives.
The things we look out for
- We are committed to using natural resources carefully across all our work processes and to adopting sustainable working practices, because we want to leave our children and grandchildren with an environment that is still intact.
- We think about the end result from the very beginning of the product design stage and use materials and processing measures that favour 100% recycling rates (if at all possible) in the future.
- We develop reliable products that can be used for many years thanks to the quality of materials and timeless design.
- We use environmentally certified materials and fabrics for all our products.
- Our logistics personnel choose the best routes, adopt environmentally friendly practices and comply with the latest emissions standards when delivering our products to their final destination.
- We reclaim used products at the end of their service life and feed them back into the materials cycle.